Candidate Name: Sorcha McVeigh
Candidate Number: 8270
Centre Number: 71615
Preliminary Task: Using DTP and an image manipulation program to produce the front page of a school magazine, featuring a photograph of a student in Medium Close-Up plus some appropriately laid out text and masthead. Additionally candidates must produce a DTP mock-up of the layout of the contents page to demonstrate their grasp of the program.
Main Task:The Cover Page, Contents Page and Double Page Spread of a new music magazine.

Tuesday, 27 January 2015

Construction of My 1st Draft Front Cover

Here is how i made my 1st draft of my front cover of my music magazine i have done this to show the changes i will make in the second draft and to show you how i made my front cover.


Here i have moved the masthead and the main image onto indesign so i could make the cover more professional looking. I experimented on using different fonts for my cover. I placed the masthead in the top left hand corner and it takes up most of the top of the cover. I then went on to place the main image on the page i then went to place coverlines around the main image to make the cover more realistic. I made the main coverline black so it stands out from the rest of the coverlines on the page and also made it bigger compared the to the rest of the coverlines.


I placed a barcode and social media icons on the cover of my magazine in the bottom left corner so it looks more realistic to the audience. In the bottom right corner of the magazine i have included the magazines website and issue number,price and date on the top right corner of the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment